As a world leader in the measurement of critical thinking, Insight Assessment has developed a uniquely comprehensive array of test instruments calibrated for a full range of professional and academic needs.
Insight Assessment full service solutions include:
- premier line of validated testing instruments which are available in over 20 languages.
- high quality client service starting from a consultation on test selection and logistics through delivery and analysis of results
- comprehensive basic or customized reports of individual and/or group results.
- secure, encrypted, online multilingual interface for individual and group testing
- online, paper or LMS administration options; online assessment set-up available within 24 hours
- resources to promote teaching and learning thinking skills.
Our clients depend on our assessments to provide valuable objective indicators of how individuals perform when faced with new problems in high stakes and time-limited situations.
No society, local or global, can sustain itself and flourish without its members learning to think well together.
Insights About Assessment
Innovation Depends on Strong Thinking
Most innovative ideas die in the implementation process. Innovation can be a catalyst to growth. However, benefiting from innovation is a two stage project. The easy part is identifying a new or better way to meet a need in your organization. As Thomas Edison famously said, Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration. You need to make sure your team has the mental disciplines and mindset to drive that new idea from concept to completion.
How can you identify and cultivate potential successful innovators? Subjective signs or signals can't tell you if a candidate has the capability to be an innovator. Insight Assessment researchers have identified 5 analytical reasoning skills and 10 personal mindset characteristics that predict innovative thinking and the drive that innovators need to take an idea through implementation. INSIGHT Business Professional is the objective assessment tool that provides comprehensive individual reports of strengths and weaknesses in each of these 15 essential thinking skills and core mindset attributes.
It’s easy to talk about wanting to be more innovative; it can be a lot harder to build innovation in your organization. Contact Insight Assessment to discover how we can help you create a workforce and culture that fosters innovation.
Characteristics of Strong Critical Thinkers
- inquisitiveness with regard to a wide range of issues
- concern to become and remain well-informed
- alertness to opportunities to use critical thinking
- self-confidence in one’s own abilities to reason
- open-mindedness regarding divergent world views
- flexibility in considering alternatives and opinions
- understanding of the opinions of other people
- fair-mindedness in appraising reasoning
- honesty in facing one’s own biases, prejudices, stereotypes, or egocentric tendencies
- prudence in suspending, making or altering judgments
- willingness to reconsider and revise views where honest reflection suggests that change is warranted
Based on the APA Expert Consensus Delphi Report description of strong critical thinkers.