Excellence in critical thinking training at K-12 level starts with excellent teachers
Excellence at the teacher preparation level starts with enrolling the best students and educating them to become the best teachers, school administrators, education specialists, leaders and education professionals possible.
- Deans of Schools of Education want their admissions programs to use Insight Assessment college and university level test instruments to identify the candidates who can demonstrate core reasoning skills and the desire to apply those skills.
- Faculty use results to quickly and easily document the critical thinking of prospective or current undergraduate and graduate students. Insight Assessment testing tools can be normed to comparable undergraduate or graduate programs. The data gathered with these tools are used for admissions purposes, educational research, accreditation, learning outcomes assessment and program evaluation.
- Reports are being used to assess incoming cohorts, guide curriculum development and document exiting students’ achievement of critical thinking learning outcomes.
Principals and hiring officers in schools and school districts need teachers and other education professionals who will model good critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Educators must be strong thinkers to be the effective teachers who provide a better education the students. Critical thinking skills are necessary if teachers are to demonstrate and teach skills to their students. Teachers need positive critical thinking habits of mind if they are to model and nurture those attributes in their students. School districts throughout the country are now using the same tests now in use by education sector employers, search firms, recruiters and consultants to hire tomorrow’s teachers and educational leaders.
- INSIGHT Educator Professional is designed to objectively and reliable measure the critical thinking strength necessary to effectively train critical thinking. INSIGHT Educator Professional measures 9 professional attributes relevant to problem solving and 7 measures of critical thinking skill. This tool is used to provide K-12 leadership with the metrics they need to hire strong thinkers, to create teams of people able to learn their jobs quickly and to build staff competence.
Training for critical thinking is an increasingly important focus of K-12 education.
Engaging problems and making decisions using critical thinking involves both skills and habits of mind. That’s why K-12 schools and academies of all kinds — independent, charter, public, private — are now gathering solid assessment evidence on this key learning outcome. EDUCATE INSIGHT offers a full range of proven critical thinking individual and group performance metrics as students progress through grades K-12 and beyond.
Get the tools to identify and develop educators who demonstrate the critical thinking strength necessary to effectively train critical thinking.
Insight Assessment is the leading provider of high quality, validated critical thinking skills and mindset assessments and an online critical thinking development program for professionals. Our cost-effective assessment tools rely on case-based scenarios to provide objective, valid and reliable standardized measures of essential problem solving and decision making skills. flexible administration options are available 24/7 via our secure, encrypted, online, multi-lingual interface over a wide array of major platforms while offering a single simple interface to mobile, or non-mobile users.
Contact us to use professional level assessments now in in use by education sector employers, search firms, recruiters and consultants to hire tomorrow’s teachers and educational leaders.