INSIGHT Development Program
INSIGHT Development Program is a turn-key training solution to learning & development of core skills and mindset for critical thinking. The online modules with accompanying exercises include access to an integrated assessment metric as well as performance reporting tools.
Better Thinking, Better Results
Based upon decades of research in critical thinking, Insight Assessment has identified abilities and attitudes that are necessary for high stakes decision-making in the corporate world.
Insight Assessment developed these comprehensive materials for L&D workshops, throughout the world, to advance critical thinking. The program is designed to build critical thinking in teams as well as in individuals.
INSIGHT Development Program is your solution for fulfilling organizational management goals.
Used as independent study by employees, it can also be incorporated into existing training programs.
Modules are written in a user-friendly, conversational tone, keeping viewers engaged and interested.
Every module targets a specific skill or habit of mind. Definitions, personal and workplace examples, and suggestions for improvement are featured.
Additionally, there are reflective mental exercises to further apply what is being learned.
Online modules are available 24/7 on a secure exclusive website.
INSIGHT Development Program is a cost-effective, validated program to improve decision-making skills and foster a culture of positive thinking at work. The flexible structure allows employees to learn at their own pace, controlling time spent on task and progress. It can be offered in module progressive format as well as the popular option of controlled assignments.
INSIGHT Development program is a unique integration of assessment and development.
The Program includes:
1) a series of modules targeted to strengthen an individual’s thinking characteristics, and
2) the use of the corresponding Insight Assessment testing instrument with individual reports that are utilized for individual professional development, continuous improvement initiatives, talent identification and other quality improvement initiatives.
Your goal is to strengthen the effectiveness of your teams.
Invest in the training and assessment of critical thinking where the ROI is better decisions, made every day.
Training to strengthen employee thinking skills
Available for the first time outside of workshops, INSIGHT Development Program presents a suite of proven training modules designed to improve employee thinking.
Using an approachable conversational tone, modules focus on core critical thinking skills and mindset attributes required for success in business, professional and personal life.
Scenarios, examples and reflective mental exercises in these modules center on the workplace. However, these skills and attributes also apply to problems and decisions in all aspects of life.
Maximize your investment in training
INSIGHT Development Program offers employees a positive opportunity to personally focus on self-improvement in skills valued by their employer.
The program is designed to be used as an independent study but can also be used to supplement existing training programs. Delivered online 24/7, the flexible structure permits employees to work at their own pace, controlling their time on task and progress.
Modules do not require specific content knowledge. This makes the program valuable as a new hire onboarding tool. Current employees also benefit from these professional development and quality improvement tools.
Each training module requires approximately 30-60 minutes. Modules feature application of targeted skills and mindset attributes to genuine workplace decisions and problems.
INSIGHT Development Program includes three series of modules:
The Big Picture
The introductory module clarifies the definition of critical thinking, demonstrates the importance of critical thinking, and differentiates between the skills dimension and the mindset dimension of critical thinking.
- The Workplace Power of Critical Thinking
- Decision-Making Traps and Releases
Decision Skills Series
The modules in the Decision Skills Series stimulate a better understanding of the impact of problem solving skills and provide strategies to avoid common errors.
Modules focus on problem analysis, evaluating alternatives as well as interpreting and assessing explanations and choices. Reasoning in precise and in ambiguous contexts and applying critical thinking to numerical information are also included.
Examples of topics covered in decision skills modules include:
- Getting the Problem Right
- Clarifying Communication and Spotting Nonsense
- Analyzing Spoken Arguments
- “This -is-Like-That” Reasoning
- “Top-Down” Reasoning Skills
- Comparing “This-is-Like-That”, “Top-Down” and “Bottom-Up” Reasoning
- Logically Precise Reasoning
- Reasoning in Ambiguous Contexts
- Evaluating Credibility
- Reasoning in Quantitative Contexts
The Thinking Mindset Series
The modules in the Thinking Mindset Series focus on the personal attributes that support strength in reasoning and decision-making.
Each module focuses on one or more very distinct attributes, each of which are valued by employers, community groups, and everyone who works on decision teams. The modules address the willingness to engage problems and to make decisions using strong critical thinking.
Examples of topics covered in decision skills modules include:
- Fostering a Positive Critical Thinking Mindset
- Foresightful, Driven, and Organized
- Truth-Seeking, Judicious, and Trustful of Reason
- Committed, Dependable, and Honorable
- Adaptable, Resourceful, and Inventive
- Motivational, Open-Minded, and Professional
A practical development program to improve thinking
INSIGHT Development Program modules provide strategies to improve the ability to reason through problems to discover workable solutions.
It is a self-improvement process that uses practical steps for individuals to improve their critical thinking. As participants progress through the modules, they see the value of improving thinking skills and avoiding common reasoning errors. The motivation to use critical thinking skills to make sound decisions is reinforced.
Critical thinking is the factor that most impacts your company success. Contact us if you are ready to focus your learning and development programs on improving employee skills.
Better decision-making leads to better results.
Is critical thinking training, learning and development, the answer?
Strong thinkers make fewer mistakes, understand the importance of following policies, and drive innovation.
Need to fill a quality gap in employee thinking? Seeking better problem solving, decision-making, risk analysis or solution identification from your workforce?
Identifying effective ways to improve thinking skills, company-wide, however, can be difficult.
Training programs that can actually improve thinking skills
The best solutions include engaging high-quality content, easy implementation; and built-in evaluation systems.
We, now, offer the INSIGHT Development Program, based on over 30 years of expertise in evaluating critical thinking, in a self-learning module format.
The INSIGHT Development program was designed to build critical thinking in teams as well as individuals. From upper management to front-line staff, online training modules help employers strengthen critical thinking skills and mindset, at all levels. These modules can be offered as self-directed curriculum or to supplement existing L&D programs.
Insight Assessment strives to provide the solutions that advance thinking worldwide. We have been the trusted leader in critical thinking improvement since the 1990s. Consultants have utilized our research, for decades, in workshops. Our critical thinking assessments are applied, globally, and we provide a broad range of supplemental training resources.
11 more reasons to choose INSIGHT Development Program
Why is INSIGHT Development program a superior training tool?
- It is a cost-effective, validated, self-paced program designed to improve thinking quality of individuals and teams.
- The training is based on recognized definitions of essential core critical thinking skills and mindset attributes required for success in business, professional and personal life.
- The online program is available 24/7 worldwide as an independent study by employees.
- This suite of modules focuses on the real-world application of specific of thinking skills and mindset in the workplace.
- Modules utilize practical, real life situations to illustrate the importance of specific skills and mindsets in personal and professional life. Common reasoning weaknesses are identified.
- INSIGHT Development Program features a unique integration of assessment and development. An analysis of skills and mindset attributes using our industry leading assessments is included for each trainee.
- Validated metrics permit validation of the success of the training program. Trainees receive the opportunity to focus on self -improvement in skills they personally value.
- Complementary assessments can be used as a pretest to identify areas of strength and target areas needing improvement. Assessments can also be used as a posttest to validate improvement after training is completed. If both pretest and posttest are desired, an additional assessment can be purchased.
- Training can be offered in voluntary or by assignment mode.
- Secure access to assessments is facilitated by Insight Assessment.
- Skilled assessment specialists can help you integrate INSIGHT Development Program into HR processes. Professional development, quality improvement, talent development and team-building programs all benefit from focusing on better reasoning skills.
Invest in training employee thinking skills
Company success depends upon your workers being able to identify opportunities and move forward confidently. But before you can trust employees to solve problems, however, you need to be sure that they will make the right decisions to grow your company.
You need to know:
- The strength of the thinking skills that your employees bring to problem solving;
- Whether they have the motivation and focus to determine the optimal solution;
- How to build stronger decision-making in your teams.
Call us at 650-697-5628 to gain the benefits of integrating thinking training into your employee development programs.