Critical thinking skills and mental disciplines are key to academic and professional success
Critical thinking has been defined by the CJCS as essential for officers and enlisted personnel. Working with the advice and support of leaders and experts, civilian and military, retired and active, of the US Air Force, US Marine Corps, US Army, US Navy and Joint Special Operations, Insight Assessment has developed assessments calibrated for military professionals and students.
Neither training nor experience can substitute for a lack of core thinking skills and the personal readiness to use them.
Assessments calibrated for military professionals and students
Insight Assessment thinking skills tests are used to evaluate the entry level and exit level thinking skills of groups and individuals at military colleges, military preparatory programs and with enlisted personnel and officers up to the Staff & Command and War College levels.
- INSIGHT Defense Professional: Professionally oriented test calibrated for officers, senior NCOs, and civilian managers with operational planning and leadership responsibilities in staff or line positions
- MIlitary and Defense Critical Thinking Inventory (MDCTI) – Academically oriented assessment intended for use with undergraduate and graduate level enrollees or applicants to military education programs and colleges
- California Critical Thinking Skills Test (CCTST) – Military college students
- California Critical Thinking Disposition Inventory (CCTDI) – Military college students
- Test of Everyday Reasoning (TER) – Enlisted personnel with no college level background and students enrolled or applying to military preparatory school students
- California Measure of Mental Motivation Level lll (CM3 lll) – Enlisted personnel with no college level background and students enrolled or applying to military preparatory school students
Insight Assessment thinking skills tests are used with enlisted personnel and officers up to the Staff & Command and War College levels to evaluate the entry level and exit level thinking skills of groups and individuals. They are used by the military academies for the evaluation of students and applicants. And they can be used with enlisted personnel to gather information about the job readiness of individuals providing business services and logistical support.
All branches of our military services have used Insight Assessment metrics to target and evaluate educational programs that prioritize developing decisions skills based on solid mindsets. Contact us today to discuss incorporating the development of thinking skills into your training programs.