Critical thinking is essential for workplace decision making.
Is there immediate value from an initiative to strengthen critical thinking in new hires and/or current employees?
Just consider these examples of how critical thinking is applied on the job:
Business Critical Thinking in Action:
- analyzing and explaining risks
- designing & implementing initiatives
- allocating resources
- anticipating & preventing errors
- analyzing markets
- using & managing information systems
- assessing opportunities & competition
- evaluating the effects of initiatives
- identifying & analyzing emergent concerns
- developing data security protocols
- evolving long term goals and plans
- communicating effectively with team members
- evaluating customer service
- anticipating the implications of actions taken
- hiring and promoting leaders
- analyzing and resolving personnel issues
- explaining policy and procedures
- designing & evaluating departmental reports
The list of business applications for critical thinking goes on and on, almost indefinitely. It is particularly relevant in high-stakes workplace settings.
Employees in healthcare services, engineering and law firms and other operationally complex organizations are required to engage unexpected problems and make time sensitive judgments.
Business owners cannot afford to be mistaken about the critical thinking capabilities of employees. In cases where error rates are already in question, difficult problems must be addressed. Poor judgments could lead to irreparable damage and even death. The cost is too high.
It’s easy to see why critical thinking is important. Building critical thinking strength throughout a business is an investment that pays off every day.
Using INSIGHT business assessments and INSIGHT Development Program
Insight Assessment strives to improve the quality of decision-making in business.
Our critical thinking assessments measure the thinking skills and mindset required for success in the workplace. The INSIGHT
suite includes assessments tailored for Business, Health, Defense, First Responder, Educator, Government/Law, and Science/Engineering uses. INSIGHT objective, online assessments provide individual and group metrics
on the strengths and weaknesses of key aspects of decision-making.
INSIGHT Development Program
is an integrated solution that incorporates online training modules and industry leading assessment tools. It can be implemented to supplement existing employee improvement plans or as a stand-alone development program.
Contact us to begin your strategic investment to improve the quality of decision-making in your organization. Follow our blog, Thinking INSIGHT
, for resources and further discussion of the measurement of thinking skills and mindset.