It’s as simple as this: employees who fear or resist change hold you back. Your business has to be able to adapt to changing conditions. So should your people. Critical thinking skills are essential for change management.
Being Able to Embrace Transformation is Essential at all Levels
Engaged employees thrive on change; they are eager to learn and apply the new skills that will move your company forward. They can think on their feet, responding to dynamic situations. They thrive in a fast paced environment. They are able to adapt to rapidly evolving technology, capabilities and rising minimum expectations from customers. Flexibility and other core critical thinking mindset attributes are essential to problem solving throughout business processes.
1. Effective leaders must be innovative
They are resilient agents of change responding to an evolving marketplace. They have an appetite for innovation and identifying opportunities for growth. They create enthusiasm for their vision for the future.
2. Efficient line managers must be adaptable
They are resilient, eager for innovation and system changes. They welcome workplace requirements for change . They seek opportunities to apply new or different skills to grow the company.
3. Dependable core staff members must exhibit workplace flexibility
They are able to welcome and adapt to changing workplace situations and processes; they can learn and implement new or different job-related skills needed for project success.
4. Support staff demonstrate flexibility in assigned responsibilities
They are willing to learn new job skills to apply to their work. They can adapt to changing processes to support company plans.
A Growing Company is a Changing Company
Companies need to be agile to respond to external challenges and opportunities. Controlling quality and costs, internally, requires an equal commitment to being nimble. It is not only possible but necessary to identify people who will respect procedures but also who can think creatively about improving processes.
The Insight Business suite provides assessments that are calibrated to objectively measure the nuances of how critical thinking skills needed for change management are manifested as workplace responsibilities increase:
- INSIGHT Executive objectively measures the innovative mindset and 14 other key leadership decision skills and mindsets.
- INSIGHT Business Professional provides an objective assessment of the adaptable mindset and 14 other key professional reasoning skills and mindsets.
- INSIGHT Business Staff objectively assesses the workplace flexibility mindset and 14 other key problem solving skills and work ethic mindsets calibrated for their responsibilities.
- INSIGHT Support objectively measures workplace flexibility and 14 other key job thinking skills and work ethic mindsets as applied to support jobs.
Contact us to learn how INSIGHT analytics can enhance your business performance.