Measurement is an essential part of ensuring you get value from your training program.
Knowing that your training program is worthwhile and netting the results you’re looking for is challenging. That’s why assessing thinking should already be incorporated into your business training plan.
What skills could be more key than thinking and reasoning well? Good thinking results in a competitive advantage over less skilled decision makers. Improving the quality of decision making reduces the costs of errors and improves productivity throughout your organization.
Insight Assessment is a leader in the assessment and training of critical thinking. We understand that even in areas where training isn’t required, you need to get the most for your investment in time and money. Here’s how to optimize your development programs:
- Set a goal for your training program: Identify, quantify and improve the strengths & weaknesses of individuals, teams, departments, or divisions so that systemic problem solving solutions can be implemented in areas of operations where change is needed
- Incorporate assessment into your training program to gather baseline data and to create motivation to grow the targeted skills. Including pre and post training assessment enables companies to objectively evaluate the effectiveness of specific training programs for individuals and groups. For businesses, the pretest might be done before an employee training program is begun and a post test could be set for weeks or months after the program has been completed.
- Evaluate, evaluate and evaluate again: It goes without saying that measuring the effectiveness of training programs can be a moving target, but basically the only thing that’s really important is that staff shows performance improvement. That’s why online training is a waste of money unless progress in measured and demonstrated objectively.
Effective training programs show advancement in key metrics.
Demonstrating improvement in employee thinking skills doesn’t have to be hard. Insight Assessment provides solutions for your training goals.
- Option One: We do it. INSIGHT Development Program includes INSIGHT proven assessments and online critical thinking training modules. The cost effective, validated program can be integrated into your training programs or can be implemented as new initiative. The flexible structure lets employees work independently, controlling time on task, pace and progress. The self-paced program focuses on improving decision skills and fostering a workplace culture of positive thinking mindset.
- Option Two: You do it. Incorporate our online business test instruments to objectively evaluate the impact of your existing training program. Effective assessment of employee groups provides collective diagnostics of overall strengths and weakness, comparisons to similar workers in other companies, and the data to guide your employee development trainers in the development of subsequent educational efforts to address the needs of your personnel.
Either way your company benefits. You implement an effective training program that delivers improvement in employee thinking and reasoning in your operation. Or you obtain objective data that demonstrates the value of your existing program. In both situations employees are motivated by receiving analyses of their strengths and weaknesses in important thinking skills as well as an opportunity to improve their performance. Either way you make a wise investment in strengthened your business by committing to better thinking and reasoning
Our clients depend on INSIGHT thinking assessments. Our comprehensive individual reports provide metrics on the strengths and weaknesses on 5 core thinking skills and 10 mindset attributes that predict good on the job decision making. Optional group reports deliver summaries of group performance gains including the key thinking metrics for your organization. Results are delivered within minutes of response submission. Our online test instruments are objective, validated and secure. For more information on the benefits of measuring employee thinking.
When maintaining funding support for programs requires demonstrating quality improvements or value to the community, businesses, training centers and agencies depend on INSIGHT to objectively and effectively document gains in thinking skills and work ethic.
We will help you get the relevant data you need to improve the effectiveness of your staff.
Contact us to discuss INSIGHT ‘s broad range of business assessment tools and services that support improving thinking and decision making. Explore our website for practical training resources and our blog, Thinking INSIGHT, for further discussion of the measurement of thinking skills and mindset.