Let’s resolve to work for better thinking in 2019.
You can start by using these eight ways to think better every day
- Call out and praise good thinking.
- Don’t settle for myopic, biased or careless thinking.
- Listen carefully.
- Evaluate and understand the sources of information.
- Consciously think about the quality of your decision making. Cultivate positive habits of mind.
- Practice your skills of analysis, evaluation, inference, inductive and deductive reasoning.
- Be thoughtful.
It will take strong thinkers to navigate through the problems and opportunities facing us today and in the future. We give ourselves the best opportunity for success in 2019 when:
- we can differentiate between unfounded opinions and well-reasoned points of view
- we can explain our perspectives based on sound reasons and good evidence
- we maintain a positive thinking mindset that prizes truth-seeking and fair-mindedness.
Strength in thinking skills and mindset is a global educational goal. Democracies flourish, professions serve, businesses excel and student achieve their career goals when people make well-reasoned, reflective and purposeful judgments about what to believe or what to do in all aspects of their lives.
Join Insight Assessment, the worldwide leader in the measurement of reasoning skills and thinking mindset, in making 2019 the “Year for Better Thinking.” Let’s all do whatever we can to encourage and to celebrate well-reasoned decision making and effective problem solving in education, business, and government, and in our personal and civic lives.
More information about good thinking:
- Critical Thinking: What It Is and Why It Counts
- Follow our blog, Thinking INSIGHT to explore ways we can all develop and benefit from stronger thinking in the classroom and workplace.
- Contact us to learn more about our thinking and reasoning assessment solutions.