Good thinking skills are a key ingredient to understanding ourselves and others in today’s changing interconnected world.
We need to think about what we all have in common. The importance of developing open and strong thinking skills applies not just to us as individuals, but as a community, region, country and across the entire world.
Good thinking is our strongest defense against ignorance and intolerance.
When strong thinking skills are applied with a fair and honest mindset, individuals and teams have the best chance to agree on solutions to world, national, local and our personal problems.
Good thinking skills are universal. In every society reaching an optimal problem solution requires people to:
- identify and analyze the problem, identifying key elements
- assess the accuracy of facts and information sources
- evaluate options and explain the strength and weakness of alternatives
- draw conclusions in ambiguous contexts to determine the solution with the most likelihood of success
- anticipate outcomes and see logical consequences in precise contexts
- interpret and evaluate information presented in numerical formats
A strong thinking mindset is equally necessary for fair minded decision making. People who are motivated to make good decisions demonstrate:
- a focused, organized and systematic approach to problem-solving,
- openmindedness and tolerance, respecting diversity in perspectives, opinions,
- thoughtfulness in decision-making with a commitment to use reasoning and fact-finding to resolve difficulties,
- adaptablity to change,
- self motivation and resourcefulness,
- intellectual curiosity, following reasons & evidence wherever they may lead.
If we want to solve complex problems and propose the changes that will move our world forward, the development and application of good thinking skills and mindset attributes will be the foundation.
Insight Assessment is passionate about the impact of growing, measuring and promoting good thinking worldwide. We are proud to count within our customers institutions and businesses who are committed to improving the quality of thinking in adults and children. Our multilingual online assessments and resources are used by education, business, healthcare, government and legal institutions to develop better curriculum, to focus training on improving thinking, and to identify the strong thinkers who will move their initiatives forward. If you want us to help bring these values to your workplace, give us a call.