Business Critical Thinking Skills Test
Get data for MBA and Undergrad Admissions Professional Accreditation Evaluating Reasoning Skills Student Success Advising National Benchmarking Curricular Evaluation
The Business Critical Thinking Skills Test (BCTST) measures all the core reasoning skills needed for reflective decision-making and provides valid and reliable data on critical thinking skills of individuals and of groups. The BCTST is an assessment of the critical thinking skills needed to be successful in the Business profession. It is designed for use with undergraduate and graduate business students. It is available in many languages and its OVERALL skills score can be benchmarked using one of many optional percentile comparisons. Clients most commonly use the BCTST for admissions, advising and retention, studies of curriculum effectiveness, accreditation, and the documentation of student learning outcomes.
For assessment specs, administration, metrics reported, and more, scroll down. Contact us by using the “Request A Quote” button to ask a question. Or phone us at 650-697-5628 to speak with an assessment services client support specialist.
Seamless Testing. Results You Can Trust.
Optional population comparison percentile scores (external validity criterion):
- Undergraduate Business Students
- AACSB Undergraduate Programs
- ACBSP Undergraduate Programs
- Top Tier Business Schools
- Graduate Business Programs
- AACSB Graduate Programs
BCTST provides 6 cognitive skill scores to focus future development and training. Items are drawn from a scientifically developed and tested item pool.
- OVERALL Critical Thinking Skills– Sustained use of critical thinking to form reasoned judgments
- Analysis – Accurate identification of the problem and decision-critical elements
- Inference – Drawing warranted and logical conclusions from reasons and evidence
- Evaluation – Assessing credibility of claims and the strength of arguments
- Induction – Reasoned judgment in ambiguous, risky, and uncertain contexts
- Deduction – Reasoned judgment in precisely defined, logically rigorous contexts
- Numeracy – Sustained use of critical thinking skills in quantitative contexts (quantitative reasoning)
The Business Critical Thinking Skills Test (BCTST) Report Package includes an individual test-taker report for each person assessed and group summary reports for each group and sub-group in the sample.
Reports are generated immediately after the conclusion of testing and are available for clients to download making real time assessment possible. Read more about how our customer support specialists work with clients to select their reporting options on our Services tab or contact us for a consultation.
- Clients can generate and download Excel spreadsheet files of all scores (OVERALL, Percentile ranking and all cognitive score metrics). At the option of the client, these also include the responses to custom demographic questions added by the client to the assessment profile, and percentile scores corresponding to the external comparison group selected by the client.
- Presentation-ready tables and graphic representations of the score distribution for OVERALL critical thinking skills and for the additional cognitive skill metrics.
- Customers who have added custom demographic questions can generate sub-group reports for these variables, or for specific testing sessions or time periods.
Optional Individual Test-Taker Reports
- An overall score of critical thinking skills (OVERALL Score). OVERALL is reported on a 100-point scale accompanied by a qualitative rating (Superior, Strong, Moderate, Weak, Not Manifested), and a comparison percentile score.
- Scores for each cognitive skill metric. These metrics are scored on a 100-point scale and are accompanied by a categorical interpretation of the strength of the score indicating areas of strength and areas for future development.
- The Individual Test Taker Report can be pushed to an email address of the client’s choosing (for example, to an admissions office email, institutional assessment email, dean’s office email, etc.).
- The client controls whether individual reports are made available to the test-taker.
Need to expedite your project? We can have your first online testing assignment available for your students within 24 hours. Request a quote or get started by calling 650-697-5628 and speaking with one of our assessment specialists today.
Unlock Your Exclusive Access to Our Resource Library
Understand the depth of our metrics with hands-on tools designed to elucidate the reasoning behind our results. These tools empower you to interpret and apply our data in your professional journey.
Explore how our products are used in real-world scenarios, with comprehensive studies that showcase their impact and effectiveness.
Delve into critical thinking insights from our founders, offering fresh perspectives and groundbreaking approaches.
Your subscription includes access to our resource library and periodic emails that keep you informed and ahead in your field. Your privacy is important to us. We promise to keep your information safe and never spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.