California Critical Thinking Disposition Inventory
Get data for Admissions Assessing Critical Thinking Mindset Student Advising and Success Accreditation Curricular Evaluation Educational Research
The California Critical Thinking Disposition Inventory (CCTDI) is the premier instrument for assessing critical thinking mindset and provides valid and reliable data for individuals and for groups. The CCTDI is an educational assessment of the mindset dimension of critical thinking. It is designed for use with undergraduate and graduate students. Independent scholars have demonstrated the importance of these mindset attributes in cultures around the world. Clients most commonly use the CCTDI for admissions, advising, studies of curriculum effectiveness, and the documentation of student learning outcomes.
For assessment specs, administration, metrics reported, and more, scroll down. Contact us by using the “Request A Quote” button to ask a question. Or phone us at 650-697-5628 to speak with an assessment services client support specialist.
Seamless Testing. Results You Can Trust.
CCTDI provides seven mindset attributes needed by the critical thinker. Items are drawn from a scientifically developed and tested item pool.
- Truth-seeking: Courage to follow reasons and evidence wherever they lead
- Open-mindedness: Willingness to consider a variety of alternative opinions
- Analyticity (Foresight): Consistent effort to anticipate consequences
- Systematicity (Focus): Habit of taking an orderly and organized approach to problem-solving
- Confidence in Reasoning: Disciplined reliance on well-reasoned judgment
- Inquisitiveness: Continuous attention to and desire for learning
- Cognitive Maturity: Expectation of making timely, well considered judgments
The California Critical Thinking Disposition Inventory Report Package includes an individual test-taker report for each person assessed and group summary reports for each group and sub-group in the sample.
Reports are generated immediately after the conclusion of testing and are available for clients to download making real time assessment possible. Read more about how our customer support specialists work with clients to select their reporting options on our Services tab or contact us for a consultation.
- Clients can generate and download Excel spreadsheet files of all scores (Truth-seeking, Open-mindedness, Analyticity, Systematicity, Confidence in Reason, Inquisitiveness, and Maturity of Judgment- the seven mindset attributes needed by the critical thinker). At the option of the client, these also include the responses to optional custom demographic questions added by the client to the assessment profile.
- Presentation-ready tables and graphic representations of the score distribution for each of the seven CCTDI mindset metrics.
- Customers who have added custom demographic questions can generate sub-group reports for these variables, or for specific testing sessions or time periods.
Optional Individual Test-Taker Reports
- Scores for each of the seven CCTDI mindset metrics are reported on a 60-point scale accompanied with a qualitative interpretation (Strong Negative, Negative, Inconsistent, Positive, Strong Positive).
- The Individual Test Taker Report can be pushed to an email address of the client’s choosing (for example, to an admissions office email, institutional assessment email, dean’s office email, etc.).
- The client controls whether individual reports are made available to the test-taker.
Need to expedite your project? We can have your first online testing assignment available for your students within 24 hours. Request a Quote or get started by calling 650-697-5628 and speaking with one of our assessment specialists today.
Unlock Your Exclusive Access to Our Resource Library
Understand the depth of our metrics with hands-on tools designed to elucidate the reasoning behind our results. These tools empower you to interpret and apply our data in your professional journey.
Explore how our products are used in real-world scenarios, with comprehensive studies that showcase their impact and effectiveness.
Delve into critical thinking insights from our founders, offering fresh perspectives and groundbreaking approaches.
Your subscription includes access to our resource library and periodic emails that keep you informed and ahead in your field. Your privacy is important to us. We promise to keep your information safe and never spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.