College Student Success
Get data for Adult and Transfer Admissions Focused Individual Advising Evaluating Critical Thinking Skills Assessing Motivation to Learn National Benchmarking Accreditation Program Evaluation Research
College Student Success – Mindset and Reasoning Skills (CSS) measures the personal attributes and reasoning skills which enable a person to achieve success as a college student. The CSS is designed for use by adult re-entry students, high school students, and current undergraduates. The College Student Success is the instrument of choice for evaluating applicants, student advising, and student retention. It is used by high school college placement and guidance counselors, student success and student retention program offices in colleges and universities, and academic success consultants.
For assessment specs, administration, metrics reported, and more, scroll down. Contact us by using the “Request A Quote” button to ask a question. Or phone us at 650-697-5628 to speak with an assessment services client support specialist.
Seamless Testing. Results You Can Trust.
Metrics include scores for 7 College Success Mindset Attributes, 5 College Success Reasoning Skills, plus an OVERALL rating.
7 College Success Mindset Attributes
- Motivation to Learn
- Drive to Succeed
- Intellectual Integrity
5 College Success Reasoning Skills
- Reasoning in Uncertainty
- Reasoning with Precision
- Analytical Reasoning
- Evaluative Reasoning
- Quantitative Reasoning
- OVERALL Reasoning Skills
The College Student Success (CSS) Report Package includes group summary reports for each group and sub-group in the sample and an optional individual test-taker report for each person assessed.
Reports are generated immediately after the conclusion of testing, making real time assessment possible. Read more about how our customer support specialists work with clients to select their reporting options on our Services tab or contact us for a free consultation.
- Clients can generate and download Excel spreadsheet files of all scores (OVERALL and all cognitive score metrics). These also include the responses to optional custom demographic questions added by the client to the assessment profile, and percentile scores corresponding to the external comparison group selected by the client.
- Presentation-ready tables and graphic representations of the score distribution for OVERALL critical thinking skills and for the additional cognitive mindset and skill metrics.
- Organizational and institutional clients who have added custom demographic questions can generate sub-group level reports for these variables, or for specific testing sessions or time periods.
Optional Individual Test-Taker Reports
- Each critical thinking mindset attribute is scored on a 10-60-point scale divided into qualitative categories (Not Manifested, Inconsistent, Positive, and Strong Positive).
- Each critical thinking skill metric is scored on a 100-point scale with five corresponding qualitative ratings (Not Manifested, Weak, Moderate, Strong, and Superior).
- The Individual Reports can pushed as PDF files to an email address of the client’s choosing, e.g., to school or departmental office.
- Organizational and institutional clients can control whether individual reports are made available to the test-taker.
- A short PDF assessment report debrief document, which can be distributed by the client to the people who were assessed.
Need to expedite your project? We can have your first online testing assignment available for your students within 24 hours. Request a quote or get started by calling 650-697-5628 and speaking with one of our assessment specialists today.
Unlock Your Exclusive Access to Our Resource Library
Understand the depth of our metrics with hands-on tools designed to elucidate the reasoning behind our results. These tools empower you to interpret and apply our data in your professional journey.
Explore how our products are used in real-world scenarios, with comprehensive studies that showcase their impact and effectiveness.
Delve into critical thinking insights from our founders, offering fresh perspectives and groundbreaking approaches.
Your subscription includes access to our resource library and periodic emails that keep you informed and ahead in your field. Your privacy is important to us. We promise to keep your information safe and never spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.