EDUCATE INSIGHT Grades 3-5
Get data for The Child’s Academic Success Evaluating Reasoning Skills Assessing Motivation to Learn Parent Teacher Conversations National Benchmarking Accreditation Educational Research
EDUCATE INSIGHT for Grades 3-5 measures the critical thinking habits of mind and critical thinking skills that are nurtured and strengthened in children learning at grade levels 3-5. The assessments in the EDUCATE INSIGHT K-12 series are the instruments of choice for developmental assessment of individual students because they enable teachers and parents to identify areas of strength and areas for additional growth. Group reports by grade level, school site, or district provide data useful for curriculum development and project evaluation purposes. These assessments are used by teachers, program development offices, private and public schools and school districts, governmental agencies, home school organizations, K-12 education consultants, and researchers.
For assessment specs, administration, metrics reported, and more, scroll down. Contact us by using the “Request A Quote” button to ask a question. Or phone us at 650-697-5628 to speak with an assessment services client support specialist.
Seamless Testing. Results You Can Trust.
Population comparison percentile scores (external validity criterion): Standard Grades 3-5 Percentiles, High Performing Grades 3-5 Percentiles
Metrics include scores for 5 critical thinking habits of mind, 6 Critical Thinking Skills, and an OVERALL rating. Population percentile scores are available for benchmarking.
5 Critical Thinking Habits of Mind
- Mental Focus
- Learning Orientation
- Creative Problem-Solving
- Cognitive Integrity
- Scholarly Rigor
6 Critical Thinking Skills
- Inductive Reasoning
- Deductive Reasoning
- OVERALL Reasoning Skills
The EDUCATE INSIGHT Grades 3-5 Report Package includes group summary reports for each group and sub-group in the sample and an individual test-taker report for each person assessed.
Reports are generated immediately after the conclusion of testing, making real time assessment possible. Read more about how our customer support specialists work with clients to select their reporting options on our Services tab or contact us for a free consultation.
- Clients can generate and download Excel spreadsheet files of all scores (OVERALL and all cognitive score metrics). These also include the responses to optional custom demographic questions added by the client to the assessment profile, and percentile scores corresponding to the external comparison group selected by the client.
- Presentation-ready tables and graphic representations of the score distribution for OVERALL critical thinking skills and for the additional cognitive mindset and skill metrics.
- Organizational and institutional clients who have added custom demographic questions can generate sub-group level reports for these variables, or for specific testing sessions or time periods.
Optional Individual Test-Taker Reports
- Each Grade 3-5 critical thinking mindset attribute is scored on 50-point scale divided into five qualitative categories (Strongly Positive, Somewhat Positive, Emerging, Somewhat Opposed, Strongly Opposed).
- Each Grade 3-5 critical thinking skill metric is scored on a 100-point scale with five corresponding qualitative ratings (Advanced, Meets Expectations, Partial Demonstration, Little Demonstration, No Demonstration).
- The Individual Reports can be pushed as PDF files to an email address of the client’s choosing, e.g., to school or departmental office.
- Organizational and institutional clients can control whether individual reports are made available on screen to the child after her or his test session is completed.
- Free upon request, a short PDF assessment report debrief document, which can be distributed by the client to the people who were assessed.
Need to expedite your project? We can have your first online testing assignment available for your students within 24 hours. Request a quote or get started by calling 650-697-5628 and speaking with one of our assessment specialists today.
Unlock Your Exclusive Access to Our Resource Library
Understand the depth of our metrics with hands-on tools designed to elucidate the reasoning behind our results. These tools empower you to interpret and apply our data in your professional journey.
Explore how our products are used in real-world scenarios, with comprehensive studies that showcase their impact and effectiveness.
Delve into critical thinking insights from our founders, offering fresh perspectives and groundbreaking approaches.
Your subscription includes access to our resource library and periodic emails that keep you informed and ahead in your field. Your privacy is important to us. We promise to keep your information safe and never spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.