Military and Defense Critical Thinking Inventory
Get data for Identifying Leadership Potential Evaluating Problem Solving Skills Evaluating Mental Disciplines Documenting PME effectiveness Strengthening Decision Making Human Performance Research
The Military and Defense Critical Thinking Inventory (MDCTI) is a higher education assessment which measures the thinking mindset, reasoning skills, and interaction styles of military personnel. The MDCTI is the instrument of choice for evaluating military leaders from senior enlisted through officer ranks and candidates being trained or recruited for those positions. An academic assessment tool, the MDCTI is used by military training programs, colleges, recruiters, and consultants for applicant and candidate screening and for individual talent development and team-focused professional development purposes.
For assessment specs, administration, metrics reported, and more, scroll down. Contact us by using the “Request A Quote” button to ask a question. Or phone us at 650-697-5628 to speak with an assessment services client support specialist.
Seamless Testing. Results You Can Trust.
MDCTI provides 7 mindset attributes, 3 interaction-style characteristics, 5 cognitive skill scores to focus future development and training, and an OVERALL critical thinking skills score. Items are drawn from a scientifically developed and tested item pool.
7 Mindset Attributes
- Communicative Confidence
- Professional Confidence
- Intellectual Integrity
- Mental Focus
- Mental Rigor
- Cognitive Maturity
3 Interaction Style Characteristics
3 Interaction Style Characteristics
- OVERALL Critical Thinking Skills
The Military and Defense Critical Thinking Inventory Report Package includes an individual test-taker report for each person assessed and group summary reports for each group and sub-group in the sample.
Reports are generated immediately after the conclusion of testing and are available for clients to download making real time assessment possible. Read more about how our customer support specialists work with clients to select their reporting options on our Services tab or contact us for a consultation.
- Excel spreadsheet files of all scores on all metrics. At the option of the client, these also include the responses to custom demographic questions added by the client to the assessment profile.
- Presentation-ready tables and graphic representations of the score distribution for all metrics.
- Customers who have added group custom demographic questions can generate sub-group level reports for these variables, or for specific testing sessions or time periods.
Optional Individual Test-Taker Reports
- Each mindset attribute is scored on a scale of 50 to 100 points, divided into three qualitative categories: Not Manifested, Inconsistently Manifested, or Strongly Manifested.
- The interaction style characteristic metrics are scored in a numeric range of 50 to 100. Scores at the extremes indicate consistent manifestation of that end of the style characteristic spectrum. Mid-range scores indicate situational awareness and manifestation of both aspects of that interaction characteristic.
- Each reasoning skill metric is scored on a 100-point scale with corresponding qualitative ratings (Not Manifested, Moderate, Strong, and Superior).
- The Individual Reports can be pushed as PDF files to an email address of the client’s choosing (for example, to an admissions office, a training officer, program director, recruiter, etc.)
- The client controls whether individual reports are made available to the test-taker.
Need to expedite your project? We can have your first online testing assignment available for your students within 24 hours. Request a quote or get started by calling 650-697-5628 and speaking with one of our assessment specialists today.
Unlock Your Exclusive Access to Our Resource Library
Understand the depth of our metrics with hands-on tools designed to elucidate the reasoning behind our results. These tools empower you to interpret and apply our data in your professional journey.
Explore how our products are used in real-world scenarios, with comprehensive studies that showcase their impact and effectiveness.
Delve into critical thinking insights from our founders, offering fresh perspectives and groundbreaking approaches.
Your subscription includes access to our resource library and periodic emails that keep you informed and ahead in your field. Your privacy is important to us. We promise to keep your information safe and never spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.